|This photo doesn't have that much to do with this post|
- Tea is best in cylindrical cups rather than short, wide-mouthed options.
- The article also discusses a topic debated by John Lennon and Yoko and sides with tea bag first then water.
Some of my tea tips:
- Toss tea after six months, not to worry you're not the only one with tea older than your children, as the flavor and antioxidant level decreases significantly
- Fresh brewed is always best, there are 20 times more antioxidants in brewed versus bottled teas (applies more to iced tea).
- Preparation is different for different teas. Green teas and white teas need only a couple of minutes, ½ the steeping time of black and herbal teas.
Some of my current favorite teas (click on images for links) are:
Green and oolong tea have mild metabolic boosting effects, white tea is great for immunity and rooibos tea is beneficial for certain skin conditions including eczema. After dinner, a delicious cup of tea and a good book is the perfect ending to the day.
Are you a tea freak? What are your current favorites? Tea or water in the cup first?